Having some issues with your washer or dryer? Dryer not heating? Oven not performing like it used to? Refrigerator making strange noises or not cooling?
Below you will find helpful tips to keep your appliances working their best. If you have any questions, please contact us at (404) 233-GURU or Appointment Form to schedule a service call. Every appliance problem is different. Sometimes the problem with the appliance does not require any repair, but rather a simple adjustment. However, if the unit does require professional service, The Appliance Gurus are here for you!
- Check to make sure the appliance is plugged into the wall outlet, turned on and receiving power. Check the circuit breaker or fuses.
- Reset or replace the circuit breaker or fuse and test the appliance again.
- Check that the water supply valve is turned on and that the appliance is getting water to it.
- Make sure the door or lid is not obstructed.
- Always follow instructions from the user manual that came with the appliance for proper use and preventive maintenance. If the manual is missing then check the manufacturer’s website or contact the manufacturer directly. Appliance overuse or misuse can lead to serious personal injury and property damage. Please always consult The Appliance Gurus when professional help is required.
- Vacuum or brush the condenser coils regularly. Dust, pet hair and dirt can put the refrigerator compressor motor under stress. The refrigerator consumes more energy when coils are covered in dust, pet hair and dirt. Cleaning will extend the life of your refrigerator.
- Check the door seal regularly. A refrigerator’s door seal keeps cold air, which helps to preserve food and reduce energy use.
- Replace the seal as needed for maximum efficiency.
- Check for more information on our refrigerator repair service.
Reduction in cooling or any unusual noises?
In case of a reduction in cooling or any unusual noises, contact The Appliance Gurus to have the refrigerator checked.
Washing machine tips
- Never overload or overfill your washing machine. Bearings. motors and suspension components aren’t cheap.
- Always adjust the water level control setting based on the number of clothes in the washing machine. This will have a direct impact on the life of its motor.
- Check all pockets before placing clothes in the washer to prevent the objects jamming or getting stuck within the washer.
- Inspect all hoses regularly. Replace any cracked, damaged or worn hoses immediately. Hoses should be changed every 3-4 years.
- Please click here to read more about washing machine repair service.
- Clean out the dryer vent trap and filter following every load. This saves electricity, reduces component run time time which allows longer life, and improves drying efficiency. This will also reduce the chance of fire.
- Inspected outside venting annually and replace any cracked, damaged or worn venting immediately.
- Read more on our dryer repair service.
- Keep your oven clean. Clean up drips and spills when they occur.
- Catch spills when they happen. Use a drip pan when cooking to catch spills and make clean-up easier.
- More on our oven and range repair service
- Clean your dishwasher’s filter regularly. The faucet water can leave hard water deposits and dirty dishes can leave debris.
- Use vinegar or special detergent for regular cleaning.
- Run the dishwasher with a quarter cup of distilled white vinegar or special detergent to help remove the mineral from water and soap accumulation.
- Inspect the spinning sprayer arms regularly and make sure the spray holes are open and clear of food particles and anything that could obstruct water.
Garbage Disposal tips
- Keep the blades sharp by running cold water and dumping a cup of ice down the disposal.
- Run cold water while using the disposal. Cold water helps solidify grease and fat so that it can be chopped up by the disposal.
- Lemon rind can be added and chopped up to reduce odors.